 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 378
Re: SCLTC enters final two weeks at SDMRRM; Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Ted Michon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:

   I heard rumor while I was there that the museum was interested in possibly establishing a permanent home for a LEGO layout. Any progress in that area?

Aaron

   I’ve never heard a rumor about a permanent LEGO exhibit at SDMRRM. For one thing, there’s no place to put one! The room we use is a multipurpose display room for special occasions, traveling exhibits like ours, and rentals. We have discussed building a small permanent exhibit in an enclosed case that could be placed in the entry way or some other small spot, but the basic problem is “no room at the inn”. I did hear mention of some expansion into adjoining buildings, but nothing in the context of a creating home for a LEGO exhibit.

Not so much a rumor, but whishful thinking on the part of some museum members. But a display case at the museum would be great. We could even advertise when the large display will be.

Mat