Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:26:16 GMT

--SNIPPED--
So, train folks - How many 8-wide designs would "trigger" a GBC
sensor? These are usually mechanical bump sensors that are hit by 2x2 cylinders
slung below the train baseplate and one stud outside of the 6-wide footprint.
Likewise, would these usually be a big problem on a 6-wide layout, or is the
problem usually not that bad? I have no idea, thus why I ask.

I can't answer the question but it might be useful if you could do up a CAD
diagram of the sensor and train mechanisms for easy reference. I'm afraid I
can't really understand what you mean here. It would also give a way of
interested train clubs to know what to avoid where.

Tim