Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:14:56 GMT

On Wed, January 4, 2006 8:58 am, Brian Davis wrote:
I'm still trying to
figure out how to run two trains on one track and *ABSOLUTELY* not collide them
- probably by watching the interval between trains, and using the GBC siding to
adjust this if it drifts too far from the proper timing. This does require
detecting all trains and distinguishing GBC trains, but that's doable. I'm just
thinking a really smart siding will take more than one RCX

The latest idea was to have one RCX control train detection and switching (off the
main line) for up to three stations and have another RCX for each station
(load/unload/train-control)

Each "siding" RCX would have to make sure it doesn't put out the train where it will
crash.

And, besides, the occasional crash would be cool.  :)

Steve