 Trains / 26459
Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:03:57 GMT

I have picked up on some of the points you have made and not others

I think, I am quite familiar with the things one can expect from LEGO. I do not
understand all the optimism here in Lugnet concerning the new kids trains.

The nowadays 9V train stuff is available in 99% of all toy retail shops in
Germany (and lots of European countries).

I find this interesting. In the UK trains have not been generally avaiable for
years, with only the biggest/best toystores carrying any an even then not
usually the whole range.

This will now be discontinued (as LEGO
told us), because LEGO is of the opinion to earn not enough money with the hobby
train. Instead the shops will have the plastic train in stock. The new freight
train will cost 160 Eur (the 4512 is 129Eur).

Where do you get this price?

SNIP

90% of the Germans at 1000steine seem to be very pessimistic about the future of
9V trains with metal rails.

Again, interesting, Germany has to be one of the biggest market for Lego trains
so the feeling there is important and also tends to be unknown outside
1000steine because of the language barrier.

When they have passed away out of the retail shops,
we think the danger is really high they will be discontinued in a (short) while.

Possibly, but its worked without retail shop sales in the UK for a good while,
although this maybe due to sales in other countries

SNIP

Leg Godt!

Ben
(who will cry for every 9V motor which dies from now on.)

:-(

Tim