 Trains / *2782 (-100)
  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) You notice he said he hates auctions. But I guess that finding anyone selling a 4558 metroliner as a straight sale is going to be impossible given how much this set can fetch at auction. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) At auctions expect to currently pay from 350 to 450 dollars. John (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4558 - wishful thinking?

A question. Is wanting a 4558 metroliner just wishful thinking? How much would converting the dream to reality cost? I'm open for suggestions (though I hate auctions...) TIA, Shiri :-) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) How many people need to be interested before you think we have enough? Also who would be willing to set up a web site dedicated to the club? John Warren (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

Chris, It moves through points with no problem. The leading and trailing truck which have flanged wheels make sure of that. The middle drive wheels are pretty much just along for the ride. My train site seems a bit hosed and I believe it may not be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

Hi Ben, It just occured to me that you train should be able to use switching points, right? Those wheel rest on top of the rails, so they do not stick down in between the rails, right? By the way, I tried a bunch of the links on your train site and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

It seams as though we could start something. In lugnet.trains is this: "I live in Paducah, Kentucky which is about 2-3 hours away from St.Louis. I would definitely be interested in forming a train group in this part of the world. I've been hoping (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) tried (...) some (...) bottom (...) all (...) Found this web page that looks promising for some "engineering-ish" drawings and explanation of the Talgo car coupling and pendulum swaying. (URL) Mathis (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Thinking of getting new Train

Hey lil about myself. I'm 18 I coming out of my Dark Ages I have the MetroLiner, the yellow Train Station, Road N' Rail Repair and 4546 name eludes me right now. Well I am think of buying some new train sets any idea which ones to get thanks for any (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) And notice the bends at the ends of the ramp plate: the angle is fixed! So we'll end up craving for the straigth and round road plates only, using straight plates for shallow ramps instead of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: - signal ,overhead dual track configuration - signal-2.dat

(...) california. 10 miles north of oceanside. the metro coaster shop, directly north, 200 ft or so (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: - signal ,overhead dual track configuration - signal-2.dat

That's *one* kind of signalling indication set. There are about as many as there were Class 1 railroads, everyone did it differently. Which line were you near (I'm not enough of a trainspotter sort to remember all the lines and variants...)? (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC at GATS in St. Paul

Hi, I was very happy to have had the opportunity to see the GMLTC setup in St. Paul. I only regret that my kids weren't with me to see it as well. I guess my biggest impression was not that their display had the biggest crowds, or the most comments, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC website...

(...) directly...) Thanks! James (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC website...

(...) to get the domain name mapped to our IP address... Last I heard was "48 to 72 hours", and that was yesterday. Don't worry, once we get connected we'll make an official announcement! (In the meantime, you can use (URL) to get there directly...) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  GMLTC website...

Is it down? I've been trying to bounce over there, on and off, since late last week, and I keep getting timed out with "no connection to the server could be established" James (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

(...) Believe me Scott, you get more trains in stores in the UK - including Scotland - then we do in N America! I looked, this summer, and they were there. Kevin (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

(...) I wasn't there for more than an hour or two, and I couldn't even count the number of times I heard it.. It was nice to see a whole bunch of kids that really enjoyed it, as well as the parents I saw writing down the number for Shop@Home. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

(...) Any guestimates as to how many times you heard something like "I didn't know LEGO made trains..."?? *grin* John1, GMLTC (youbetcha remove the ".nospam" to reply...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

(...) In parts of Europe.... not my little corner (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  next real train cad project... the TALGA (oooh's and aaah's)

i was chillin one day at my company picnic an all of a sudden the talga runs by.. (camp pendleton / san onefre) wow that thing is cool. now i got photos from trainweb.com . the engine im going to fix up my amt 2000. but the cars, thats going to be (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  models done...

couple models done this week end. grain silo and all, www.geocities.com/tb...ain-co.gif truss bridge, bridge 128 studs + 4bricks high from water to bottom of tressle, some boats can fit but not all. if it has to be reinforced, there is a "1 brick" (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> skrev i meddelandet <382EF9F0.CC50DBCA@c...ve.com>... (...) Err.. I didn´t look at the leaflet, because in Sweden the trains e in the smae catalog as the rest of the lego and i was used to that. Thanks! (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC automated level crossing arms

Michel, The level crossing are quite simple (sorda), all I did is hook a separate micro motor to each arm (used belt drive so not to strip out any gears and jam the arms), then got two photo cells (radio shack) and placed them inside of a 2x4 tecnic (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

ausome photos ! many ideas i can use. i like that bank. someday i will get out of this hole and get to a train show. respectively,Tburger www.geocities.com/tb...er666/lego - Datsville the next sim(lego)city? - (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

Thank you VERY much for taking and posting these photos, they are great! Everything from a marching band to a golf course, even cotton batten (I believe)as smoke in a fire. Great work. Could you please post details as to how you automated your level (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC at GATS

Well the show was a success, we all survived to show again! It really did go great, it was nice to have such a larger layout this year, made things so much easier to work with. It was definitely a crowd pleasure like LEGO always seems to be at the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC at GATS

My friends and I went to the GATS show in Georgia this weekend to see the North Georgia LEGO Train Club layout. I took a few pictures (around 140) with my friends digital camera. You can check out the pics at (URL) Hader (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Space Monorail

(...) Lucky you! They are online at: (URL) guessing that anyone with the instructions will probably want to hang onto them) Also, if you cross-post your messages instead of sending them twice it saves space, and it's easier to track the thread :) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Space Monorail

Does anyone, or can anyone Send me a copy of the blueprints for set #6990, The Space Monorail? I just found it in a friend's attic, Minus the book. It would really be helpful (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

(...) I added them last night, andput it in a scene. darn povray takin to long to render. started at 1000 last night. its 1100 morning. still parsing. file to big. ive added a povray render of the bridge onlyat my main lego page (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

(...) Calm down Tobias! There is a train in teh 2000 catalog Kevin scanned, it's the 4561. All the rest of the train line is in the "Lego Direct" leaflet that he also scanned. All that means is that TLG sells only the 4561 in stores in No America, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  No trains in 2000!!!!!!

Aaargh, just when I want to build my own town I see that there´s no trains in the 2000 catalogue! Stupid TLG, discontinue the trains when I want them so baad! Now I´ll have to buy them in auctions and stuff. I´d better buy a *lot* of track and all (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

Cool! Needs diagonal bracing, though, or it will collapse under its own weight before a train actually even gets to it. (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

(...) K. I'll add what I know about it here. Lego went towards 9V starting with the light and sound modules. (I think they were introduced in 1987 or 8). The trains (european) had push, 4.5V battery, and 12 volt controls available, whereas here we (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

Ok Peoples, This is one question that i've never really seen addressed anywhere. We all know lego swtiched from 12V to 9V in the early 90's..but why? If using the rails to conduct energy is the reason, they could've stuck to using 12V on rails. Was (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

its humble beginings. 4 sub part assemblies,within those 4, are the deck, the side trusses, and still to add, the pillars, and diagonal trusses! i just got the idea, an started buildin. sometime imgoing to zip it up andput it in my site. this thing (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) I live in Paducah, Kentucky which is about 2-3 hours away from St.Louis. I would definitely be interested in forming a train group in this part of the world. I've been hoping something would form around here for a long time. John Warren (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

I will be away from a computer for 2 weeks so you won't hear much from me. I really think all of the comments are great and we'll have some sort of vote set up on where... when I return. Hang in there... SteveB SEBarile wrote in message ... (...) me (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) Looking at some pictures, it sure seems that Il Ponte Vecchio rests on pilings. I found (URL) to have some nice drawings. Ours here in Kew Gardens hasn't got any arches. My book says there are several more in the U.S. but the author does not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

I'm stunned! Our (GMLTC) layout is the hit of the GATS every year (we have the ribbons to prove it). They should be begging y'all to show at their crummy exhibit. Perhaps after our show this weekend (I just got home from setting up), we should fire (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

Robin, I would call them just before the show, I have found that they get a lot of cancellations the week of the show. Just today I was setting up for the Atlanta GATS and one really large exhibitor backed out, so I quickly took their good spot on (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  No GATS Show for the GFLTC...

Hi all, I just checked the mail and got a letter from GATS. The states the following: ---...--- Dear Robin, We have finished the process of drawing the floor plan for the upcoming Tampa Great American Train Show on December 18 & 19, 1999. As you are (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Curved Bridge Prototype Built

In lugnet.trains, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes: . (...) I'm sorry I don't have any pictures taken yet, but, I have connected straight sections on either end since it's construction. It does appear to hold rather well. (...) I will, trust me. And, I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Curved Bridge Prototype Built

Adrian Egli: (...) Looks good. What about stability? It looks like there could be some problems unless there is a firm connection to some straight sections of bridge. (...) and a short description? I would like to add it to my bridge page. Play (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Steve Barile: (...) If you mean the "International" part in the title seriously, I would count Billund (and possibly Windsor and Carlsbad) as the obvious locations. (...) I can come these dates - possibly even if it is in the USA. (...) Cool. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) <nitpick> Ponte Vecchio is in Florence, not Venice.... the one in Venice which has shops all over it is the Rialto - see pic: (URL) Great idea though Eric. Post pictures when you're done! Kevin (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) What a great idea! In terms of locations my first vote would go for Carlsbad as many people could combine their pilgrimmage to the Park with this great conference idea. Otherwise I'd say that Kansas City is a bit more centrally located (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) I'd have to agree about the central location. Have you thought about Indianapolis as the site? Granted, I'm rather biased, but it is centrally located and 7 interstate routes run out from it (I65NS, I70EW, I74EW, I69N). It has an international (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) This would be a great occasion to all meet. I could bring some tracks if we go for the Guiness. But I would prefer more "central" than Colorado, more like somewhere in the MidWest. After all, the have guns that far west. ;-) Martin Quebec, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

This sounds awesome. I don't know how the NGLTC could get all of our stuff out to Cali, it fills my van to the top as it is. That would be a hell of a road trip with the van packed full. But I guess I could rent a trailer or something. No matter, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

SO Cal Works for me. And did some one say parts swap meet!!!!!! I would love a chance to get to gather with other Lego enthusiast. Lets Party. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

"Ponte Vecchio" The idea of building a model of my home village of Kew Gardens (New York) has been growing on me for quite some time. It is a diverse lot of residential styles including Anglophile medieval half-timbered houses, bits of castles, Jazz (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

A Train Conference sounds good to me, but I can't speak for the rest of the newly formed Greater Florida LTC members. So you can count me in and maybe the club (1 to 4 people). (...) I vote for Carlsbad, I have not been to the Legoland park yet. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) I would to go but I can't:( (Maybe I should get a heliopters license and I could fly there:) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) James makes a good point. It would be nice to have a "host" group in situ. Here is my concern doing it in LL San Diego: we all would want to go there instead of our own thing! BTW, how long of an event are we talking here? A long weekend? A (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) If I Recall Correctly (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) I would be highly interested in the San Jose NMRA convention. I have been hard at work on modules exactly like the GMLTC ones as well. I am almost done with my second module and am trying to get 5 made by the summer time. I would imagine that (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) I'd attend. Likely drag my wife with me, but might not due to costs. (this dammed island is so expensive to get off of!) (...) Advantage...LLC (...) Not so likely. No 'home' group to organize I'd think either twin cities or LLC or NMRA (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Looks like we have our master builder speaker... The MNRA is a great tie-in. We should approach them with the idea of hosting an LTC side event at the same locale. A first pass proposel list might be: 1) Convention display space for a layout 2) A (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

All- What about coordinating the conference with the NMRA show in San Jose next summer? And if you'd like, I was a LEGO Master Model Builder five years ago. Right now there are only three left in the U.S. The model shop went through the fitness (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Wow, we're already up to 8 attendees! What is "IIRC" and thanks for checking calendars SteveB (...) me (...) ideas... (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) Well, if it ends on the 27th, we could close with: 6) Set personal record for most people singing "Happy Birthday" to Ben. :) Ben Roller (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) How about Minneapolis (*more* centrally located?;) (...) The NMRA convention is IIRC the weekend of the 6th. A problem for the PNLTC? (...) Again, perhaps a conflict with the proximity in time of the convention? -John (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

I guess that all that wanted to bring stuff would have to pack it or ship it. That can be ugly but with enough bubble wrap you can ship anything. SteveB PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

I would attend; my wife is a probable attendee (...) Either one (...) The 27th is our anniversary, so that would be fun, but either works (...) All (...) A master builder from LEGO My question is how we get our stuff to the location. Denver is (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  12v train wheels.

I have a few 7745 sets. One of the sets has wheels with a red 'hub' on the end of the axles whereas the others have black. Are these the wrong wheels or are they just a variation? (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

(...) Let's see....both the lady-wife and myself, so that's two. She's really an O-scale fan (Lionel) but she -understands- my own fascination with Lego trains (and other sets). (...) Best for us, as we're in SoCal already... (...) Still OK. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Hi All, I was hoping to get a ruff idea of how many would attend, so please e-mail me or RE: if you are more then vaguely interested. I thought I'd start this off by picking a place, date, events, speakers. I would love to hear any ideas... (BTW (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference

Hi All, I was hoping to get a ruff idea of how many would attend, so please e-mail me or RE: if you are more then vaguely interested. I thought I'd start this off by picking a place, date, events, speakers. I would love to hear any ideas... (BTW (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) (Just forwarding a copy of this to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mo, and lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl... Followups to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl...) --Todd (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

Is there a train club in or around the Saint Louis area. I would be interested in joining or helping to start noe if there were plenty of interested people. Andrew Reynolds Home landrew@i1.net (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WWLTC

Steve, That sounds like a great idea, I'm willing to pitch in some money no problem. I would cool to have a global group. Also a ANLC would be wild, that would probally get the attention of the world wide press and The LEGO Group. Can you imagin (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GATS Show GA this Weekend

Patricia, Hey there I just saw your post on LUGNET and yes the NGLTC will be at GATS this weekend. I’m really looking forward to it this year, our layout is going to be twice the size it was last year. So if you make it down definitely introduce (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

(...) Try here, set# is 6600 (URL) Gatrelle (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC showing at Nov Atlanta GATS

Well we're going to do it one more time this fall. The North Georgia LEGO Train Club will be presenting at the Atlanta Great American Train Show (GATS) this November 13th & 14th. The layout will be very similar to the one we showed at the Greenberg (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) This weekend I may get them up on my AOL account which may not have the bandwidth problems. I will also try and reduce the file sizes. (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  wanted: 2 train doors

I am looking for one (1) left solid white train door and one (1) right train solid red door. I will pay up to $5 a piece for them. Russel (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Road bridges!

(...) I'm going to buy tons of those sets:) I only have one problem and for those of you who have seen my city you know what I'm talking about. I'm going to have to move it back down to the floor:( Maybe I can get a room just for my city. I need to (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

Is here a picture of this bridge ? Jim (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Okay, um, erythrite@hotmail.com Kya (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) I send ya the pics if you like:) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) Doh! And I just found the thread today and was about to go look at them. Bother... Kya (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Show GA this Weekend

(...) The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be at the GATS show this weekend, but not the Georgia show - we'll be at the GATS show in St. Paul, Minnesota. I suppose that's a bit far to drive, eh? ;-) JohnG aka "J1" (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in red white and black.

(...) I do hope that they will be available in Europe too. Still missing the train doors !! (...) Regards, Ludo (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in red white and black.

John Warren <warren71@webtv.net> wrote in message news:FKytMs.4q3@lugnet.com... (...) step (...) don't (...) I managed to get my hands on a 7745 in the late '80's from my late grandpa and that set comes with four pair of red train doors. Call me (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  GATS Show GA this Weekend

Hi! I'm planning on driving sown to the GATS show in gwinnett GA this weekend with some of my friends. I was wondering if the NGLTC was still going to be showing their layout and if any other LUGNETers were going to be there. Thanks! Patricia (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) I hope everyone has had a chance to look at these. I just got a notice from my ISP that I was close to my monthly limit on web serving. I'll be taking these down. If I get a chance later, I may reduce the images size and re-post them. The page (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in red white and black.

Don't give up hope yet. The bus set numbers are: 3404 - Bus with black windows 3405 - Bus with white windows 3407 - Bus with red windows Did I miss 3406 in the catalogs or will there be another bus? I am hoping for blue Ken (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in red white and black.

(...) Where in the world are you expecting to find solid red train doors? I don't see any red train doors (or any doors for that matter) in any 2000 sets. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in red white and black.

Ditto, and least we not forget to slap on a few train doors(Model Team to the rescue?). At long last, I'll build my own 7725 without having to step into a time machine. Blue would be nice too but 7760 used a different window style didn't it? Adrian (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train windows in red white and black.

Well, isn't that a nice surprise! Of course now you have me wanting blue yellow and green, and the glass to go with them, and the narrow windows and stuff, but I guess that bus will be along later. (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO ROOM pictures

(...) Oh, come on, that doesn't look any where near as messy as my Lego room (floor) did! you've got to have about 8 boxes of pieces, with about seven or eight constructions going on. The cans of soda, some chips, where's the music! Btw, this is a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO ROOM pictures

Just for fun, here are some pictures of my LEGO Room with the train table in phase one of setup. (URL) much there yet, but wait until phase three. Lookout! Ben Gatrelle (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

The Castle pictures also look slightly color distorted. The arches on the right side actually look blue (1x6 and 2x6), but the side away from the viewer looks grey. Hmmm. Colored lights do make it difficult to tell. Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

(...) Think of the possibilities with the road bridges!!!! Elevated Hiways with onramps!!! Ferry terminals!!! Bridges across rivers!!!! Hills without specialized Base plates!!!! Maybe even convert the Road plates into Monorail tracks (Two or three (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Road bridges!

(...) You'll need pretty powerful vehicles to be able to drive up the steep bridge slope, though! ;-) Fredrik (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) That's fine. I can't imagine how much I am going to spend on this stuff, better to have a space between releases! :) Scott S. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Road bridges!

There's a road bridge in the 2000 catalog! And I think most trains will fit under it! Matt (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact