 Trains / Train Organizations / 163
Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Martin Legault writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Steven Barile writes:
Hi All,
I was hoping to get a ruff idea of how many would attend, so please e-mail me
or RE: if you are more then vaguely interested. I thought I'd start this off
by picking a place, date, events, speakers. I would love to hear any ideas...

(BTW Lets try to keep this discussion on lugnet.trains.org@lugnet.com)

Possible Location
1) San Diego (Carlsbad), California (obvious)
2) Denver, Colorado (centrally located)

Possible Date
1) August 24-27, 2000
2) August 10-13, 2000

SteveB
PNLTC

This would be a great occasion to all meet. I could bring some tracks if we go
for the Guiness.

But I would prefer more "central" than Colorado, more like somewhere in the
MidWest. After all, the have guns that far west. ;-)

Martin

Quebec, Canada

I'd have to agree about the central location.  Have you thought about
Indianapolis as the site?  Granted, I'm rather biased, but it is centrally
located and 7 interstate routes run out from it (I65NS, I70EW, I74EW, I69N).
It has an international airport.

It's (driving the speed limit ;-) ...
~4 hours from Chicago, IL
~11 hours from Atlanta, GA
~20 hours from Jacksonville, FL
~10 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul
~15 hours from Richmond, VA
~6 hours from St. Louis, MO

This leaves the PNLTC and BAYLUG people with quite a haul to get here, but
most the other clubs could road trip it in about a day.

Anyway, my $.02 worth.

Steve "What am I getting myself into?" Martin