 Trains / Train Organizations / 149
148  |  150
Subject:
1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:22:44 GMT

Hi All,
I was hoping to get a ruff idea of how many would attend, so please e-mail me
or RE: if you are more then vaguely interested. I thought I'd start this off
by picking a place, date, events, speakers. I would love to hear any ideas...

(BTW Lets try to keep this discussion on lugnet.trains.org@lugnet.com)

Possible Location
1) San Diego (Carlsbad), California (obvious)
2) Denver, Colorado (centrally located)

Possible Date
1) August 24-27, 2000
2) August 10-13, 2000

Possible Events
1) All night Building Party
2) Set Guinness record of longest continuos LEGO train track
3) Show and Tell
4) Set Auctions (real auction)
5) Parts Swap Meet

Possible Guest Speakers
1) A master builder from LEGO
2) NMRA rep on the topic of toy trains and revitalizing the young model rail
roaders

SteveB
PNLTC