 Trains / Train Organizations / 157
Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:18:31 GMT

SEBarile wrote:

Wow, we're already up to 8 attendees!
What is "IIRC"

If I Recall Correctly

and thanks for checking calendars
SteveB

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

SEBarile wrote:

Hi All,
I was hoping to get a ruff idea of how many would attend, so please e-mail • me
or RE: if you are more then vaguely interested. I thought I'd start this off
by picking a place, date, events, speakers. I would love to hear any • ideas...

(BTW Lets try to keep this discussion on lugnet.trains.org@lugnet.com)

Possible Location
1) San Diego (Carlsbad), California (obvious)
2) Denver, Colorado (centrally located)

How about Minneapolis (*more* centrally located?;)

Possible Date
1) August 24-27, 2000
2) August 10-13, 2000

The NMRA convention is IIRC the weekend of the 6th.  A problem for the PNLTC?

Possible Events
1) All night Building Party
2) Set Guinness record of longest continuos LEGO train track
3) Show and Tell
4) Set Auctions (real auction)
5) Parts Swap Meet

Possible Guest Speakers
1) A master builder from LEGO
2) NMRA rep on the topic of toy trains and revitalizing the young model rail
roaders

Again, perhaps a conflict with the proximity in time of the convention?

-John

SteveB
PNLTC