 Trains / Train Organizations / 156
Re: 1st Annual International LEGO Train Conference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 01:54:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Kelly writes:
All-

What about coordinating the conference with the NMRA show in San Jose next
summer?  And if you'd like, I was a LEGO Master Model Builder five years ago.
Right now there are only three left in the U.S.  The model shop went through
the fitness program as well.

Model Builder Pics: http://63.74.171.239/members/em/Modelpic.htm

I don't remember when the conference is though.  When we exhibited last summer
at the NMRA show, they were very high on inviting us to San Jose.  We've been
on them to help defray the cost of the transport.  The layout right now is
transported in a twenty foot horse trailer.  It's about 4/5 full right now top
to bottom.  I'm going to snap some pics tomorrow with my cheapie digital
camera for the web site.

-john

I would be highly interested in the San Jose NMRA convention.  I have been
hard at work on modules exactly like the GMLTC ones as well.  I am almost done
with my second module and am trying to get 5 made by the summer time.  I would
imagine that a few extra feet would make the layout a little better.  (It is a
city layout 45" deep by 150" long with 2 visible subway tracks that run under
the town using 2 5 car Metroliners.)

As I will be travelling on an extended sales trip during the summer, I would
both be sick of driving and not really want to go all the way to Denver with
my modules while trying to bring samples for business as well.  I don't quite
want my customers to see a truck full of Lego when I take them out to lunch.

Mike