 Town / 221
Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:19:55 GMT

Eric Olsen wrote:
It follows the same principle used in medieval Venice to hang shops out over
waterways without depending on pilings that could be destroyed by flood,
therefore the trick is named after the original "Ponte Vecchio".

<nitpick> Ponte Vecchio is in Florence, not Venice.... the one in Venice
which
has shops all over it is the Rialto - see pic:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/rialto1.jpg

</nitpick>

Great idea though Eric. Post pictures when you're done!

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com
Web page: