 Storage / 595
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:00:23 GMT

I use Gladware, too; it's great for outsized elements, and it's not as
cumbersome as tackle boxes. I especially like using Gladware for stuff I have
sorted by type and not color, as then I can dump the Gladware container into a
larger box to rifle through it for the color I want. Then the box dumps easily
back into the Gladware.

-Cheese

In lugnet.storage, Adam Hoekwater writes:
In lugnet.storage, Ka-On Lee writes:
Now you understand why my parents are giving me a hard time about storage...

I use the those cheap Gladware lunch box size containers 25oz for main
storage.
They are the cheapest - about US$2 for a 5 pack, but strong and transparent.
Since I don't put LEGO in microwave I expect those boxs to last a long
time. :)
And the LEGO are totally dust free inside those boxs.  The Ziploc boxs may
work
just as well but I prefer the wider, shorter Gladware boxs to easily reach • the
parts.

For technic and the smallest parts, I just pick those US$3 transparent • utility
box from the fishing department of Walmart.  For a box of the same size, • those
from the fishing department are 30% cheaper than the hardware department - no
idea why. :)

For large parts and the huge number of standard bricks, I use the tub and • what
ever spare, durable continers I can find - cockie box, shoe box etc.

Colour of the box is important!  Put all your technic axle in a black box and
you will hurt your eye looking for that 5x axle.

I thought I was the only one who used Gladware and cardboard boxes! I have
around 20 Gladwares and 20 envelope boxes with lids, and one huge shallow
storage tub. I don't believe someone else uses Gladware. That's comforting.

-Adam   8^D