 Storage / 597
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:05:29 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Mark D. McKean writes:
In article <39516ED7.2A85BF75@artisans.cncdsl.com>,
gcrisp@mindspring.com wrote:

I also
have my mini-figs in one drawer of the larger ZAG containers.

This comment, and similar ones from others, brings a question to mind...

How many people store their minifigs assembled, and how many break them
down into parts for storage?

As I break down sets, usually the minifigs get sorted as torso+arms+head and
legs+hips. I only remove arms from torsos, and legs from hips when I am in the
process of customizing. When I wash LEGO, the heads come off also. Sometimes
when sorting sets, I will also remove heads. Heads get stacked in columns of
the same head (or similar heads for one off heads) and stored in tofu tubs.
Legs/hips get sorted by color. Torsos get sorted by theme and type.

Some minifigs I'm starting to store assembled. Pirate theme minifigs are
slowly being assembled (most of my soldiers and islanders are assembled). Wild
West and Space (including a few Star Wars) minifigs are also assembled.

My biggest problem is starting to be storage space. I just bought a bunch of
Sterlite shoebox containers to store assembled minifigs.

Frank