 Storage / 542
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Shiri Dori writes:
Ahem.... yeah. As you can see, I store my lego *very* neatly.

The first two show my lego-porch, where I keep some of my lego against my
will. There's just not enuff space in my room, which is shown in the next
three pics. I'm very organized, can't you tell?!

Now you understand why my parents are giving me a hard time about storage...

Thus, I'm looking for some good containers, preferably compartmentalized.
Bradlees was a dead end. Any suggestions?

-Shiri

I personally like the Plano storage boxes (3600 series). They fit nicely in
most anything that can handle an 8-1/2" X 11" file. I have nearly all of my
Technic pieces sorted into the Plano boxes which I have stored in a small file
box I got from Office Depot. It makes it nice for when I want to take my stuff
to work. :-) The dividers stay in place reasonably well. The down side is the
cost. They are about $3.00 each, but you can find them at K-Mart, or Wal-Mart
which is nice for convenience.

I also use the Akro-Mils drawers. The Akro-Mils brand is a little pricy. I
usually go to Wal-Mart. They have the Popular Mechanics brand which is cheaper,
but is the exact same thing. I would recommend the 18 drawer units. They are
the ones which seem to get used the most in my collection.

For the big stuff I use Iris drawer carts. They are also available from Office
Depot for about $30. The thing I like about them is that they fit perfectly
under the large folding tables I have in the basement. Another thing is that
they have one type which has 6 drawers which I use for basic bricks and one
with 4 drawers where I can store some of my Plano Boxes.

And I wonder why my wife calls me "Psycho Organizer Man" ....

Hope this helps,

-Duane

http://www.planomolding.com/
http://www.officedepot.com/