 Storage / 557
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 05:27:23 GMT

yippee, it's the 2000 Storage Census!

I became a storage junkie after the Big Part Growth of 1998.

I tried it all... Plano tackle boxes, nuts-n-bolts hardware drawers, snack bags,
Silver Tubs, shoe tubs, even test tubes (as far as I know nobody else likes
these.) I was about to get into Acro-Mils...

Then I realized, sorted Lego was not generating any fun. So I backed off a
little.

Actually it was the NLSO complaining about the mess, too. So we went to Wal-Mart
and I got large amounts of their current line of ClearView plastic drawer units,
in three sizes: small 3-tray, shoebox, and Gallumphic.

Now my partitions could be called Theme Groups. There is just the tray drawers
of arches, slopes, Town figs, Castle figs, Neat Green Things, Car Parts,
Spaceship Parts, Fortuna Bits... When a project needs to get cleaned up, I sweep
it into a drawer with its unique mix of Likely Bits that accumulated on the
desktop. These trays are much more likely to be visited! Plain brick colors also
get their bin. I do employ nuts-n-bolts drawers to sort plates and very common
parts by type but not color (except monochrome plates separate.) A Gallumphic
drawer (which could hold your own weight in certain substances and still not
fill up) is used for everything that is left.

It's all about finding a happy medium. I pause to wonder at how happy I was when
my Lego would barely overflow the simple denim drawstring bag (classic Lego
accessory.)