 Storage / 583
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:33:45 GMT

From: "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com>

Thus, I'm looking for some good containers, preferably compartmentalized.
Bradlees was a dead end. Any suggestions?

-Shiri

Ugh. Storage.

Itsa problem.

First off, I suggest you go to your local Dollar store, and see what you can
find in containers.

You may want to look for something that can be set on one end, as on a
bookshelf.  Plano boxes are good for this, but they are EXPENSIVE, and not
good for larger parts or larger quantities.

My solution for this would be buy a Rubbermaid-type (but the CHEAP brand)
box in more or less the same size, and then make your OWN dividers, out of
cardboard, or something.  I am still working on this idea.

I have found that those little bubble things from vending machines are good
for tiny parts, and if you pick up enough strays as you go into WalMart, you
can put these bubbles inside some other container.  You can EASILY see
inside of them, which is nice.

Our local dairy produces ice cream in plastic boxes which are PERFECT for
LEGO storage.  They nest when they are empty (a plus NOT to be overlooked
when shopping...Rubbermaid and Plano DON'T. Tucker plastic boxes, on the
other hand, DO nest).  I wish I had about 100 of these things.

Most of the opened sets have gone into Ziplock bags and into Rubbermaid
action Packers, which are big enough to use as furniture. <g>

Now I just wish I had a decent heiarchy...I still can't FIND anything!

Rob