 Storage / 553
Re: My beautiful methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:25:57 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Shiri Dori writes:
Ahem.... yeah. As you can see, I store my lego *very* neatly.

The first two show my lego-porch, where I keep some of my lego against my
will. There's just not enuff space in my room, which is shown in the next
three pics. I'm very organized, can't you tell?! • Where do you live in all that?:-)
Now you understand why my parents are giving me a hard time about storage...
If storage is the biggest complaint from your parents, you are not doing too
bad compared to parents who say, "Maybe you should get rid of your Lego."
Thus, I'm looking for some good containers, preferably compartmentalized.
Bradlees was a dead end. Any suggestions?
-Shiri
Overall, I prefer shoebox sized Rubbermaid containers (the clear ones so you
can see what is on the bottom). And of course my 16 gallon tote box for most
of my basic bricks. :-) Lately I have started using nuts and bolts drawers for
sorting minifig accessories. The are long enough for lances and can be divided
for smaller things. When I packed them to move I wrapped each drawer in
plastic wrap, to keep them from spilling, then put the drawers back in the
rack and wrapped them in with plastic wrap again then they didn't need boxes.
I cannot wait to move to my new apartment in August to get my Lego out, I only
have what I bought since I move out of my last apartment in May :-(

The only thing is lots of Lego means lots of boxes to pack when you move. I
put 6 shoebox sized containers in a 2 cu ft. box along with books and videos
to finish filling the box. Those boxes almost filled a 5'x5'x8' storage locker
by themselves:-) So with the Roughtote containers filled with models and
models in progess, some furniture and other stuff, I had to rent two lockers.

Before I forget... Clean your room!!!

Jude

Doctor: I have good news and bad news.
Patient: What's the good news?
Doctor:They are going to name the disease after you.