 Storage / 544
Re: Methods of storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:46:36 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Duane Hess writes:
I personally like the Plano storage boxes (3600 series). They fit nicely in
most anything that can handle an 8-1/2" X 11" file. I have nearly all of my
Technic pieces sorted into the Plano boxes which I have stored in a small file
box I got from Office Depot. It makes it nice for when I want to take my stuff
to work. :-) The dividers stay in place reasonably well. The down side is the
cost. They are about $3.00 each, but you can find them at K-Mart, or Wal-Mart
which is nice for convenience.

I contacted Plano directly, and arranged to buy a supply (>100!) of their 3700
tackle boxes.  If you can buy them in bulk, the price goes *way* down.  (I
think I paid around $2.40 each for the 3700s, you could probably get the 3600s
for even less...)  They're nice because you can see what's inside them without
opening, and the lids fit tightly enough that small stuff won't slide between
sections - even small pieces like 1x1 tiles...

Check out the 'tackle box' section of http://www.planomolding.com/

JohnG, GMLTC