 Star Wars / 8765
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Huh?
Every scene in ESB and ROTJ has the visors as Trans-red.  The 50 US$ helment
for sale at Halloween has a trans-red visor.  I just looked it up the the
Star Wars: Behind the Magic CD-Rom and all the pics show trans-red visors. The
only thing I have ever seen give the Royal Gaurd a black visor was the Kenner
action figure and it looks awful IMO. I would rather see it as it is in the
movie, with Trans-red.

Where have you seen the costume with a black visor?  I mentally picture that
and it looks totally wrong to me.

-Lord Insanity

The "visors" are black in ROTJ... as for ESB, the Royal Guards aren't in the
original, they might be in SE, I dunno 'cause I haven't watched it much.  I
saw one of the actual costumes used in the filming, not a replica, it was at
the Magic of the Myth museum tour at a museum in Minneapolis... I think Magic
of the Myth is a touring show, I was lucky enough to be in Minneapolis when it
was there... anyway, the visor was black.  I suppose it's possible that it was
very very very very very dark red, but it looked black to me... definately
NOT "trans-red."  If lego makes a "trans-red" head for this guard, it better
be a darker red, otherwise it'll look cheesy.

-Bryan