 Star Wars / 8739
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes:

FBTB> Escape Pod with C-3PO and R2-D2
RSC> Escape Pod w/C-3PO & R2-D2

Whatever this turns out like, I hope that it is to scale with a minifig-scale
Tantive IV!  :-)  BTW, were there ever any escape pods collected by Jawas in
Ep4?  You'd think they'd've eventually picked up the one that Threepio & Artoo
crashed in, if they hadn't been slaughtered by Imperial Troops.

Of course, the Imperials might well have impounded it.

FBTB> AT-ST with Chewbacca
RSC> AT-ST w/Chewbacca
3) I can't wait to see what Lego's rendition of this one looks like.

To be accurate to Ep6, isn't it also supposed to have two Ewoks if it has
Chewie?  Or maybe Chewie got hungry or didn't like having his hair played
with.  :-)

Or, maybe Lego is still dodging making smaller sized 'figs.  I'm actually kinda
glad about that.  I mean, they only can make so many new peices per year- what
with designing, making molds, etc.  I'd rather have Stormtroopers (and plenty
of 'em) than Ewoks any day.  And by making full-minifig-sized Ewoks or Yodas
now, they'd be stopping themselves from doing smaller ones later.  Which I hope
they do.

FBTB> TIE Fighter with TIE Pilot and Stormtrooper
RSC> TIE Fighter w/TIE Pilot and Stormtrooper

Gawd I hope they make this good.  And with light sky blue rather than gray,
if they can pull it off.

Why a Stormtrooper in this set?  (Not that I'm complaining! :)

That's what I'm wondering.

Can't wait to
see the TIE Pilot minifig!  Didn't see enough of those in Ep4.

I hope this means we'll see a system AT-AT one year as well.  The TIE pilots
and AT-AT drivers have the same helmets, just different decos.

FBTB> Imperial Shuttle with Emperor Palpatine and 2 Royal Guards
RSC> Imperial Shuttle w/Emperor and 2 Red Royal Guards

I wonder if the Red Royal Guards will have full-body drop-on plastic tops like
the Castle/Pirates ghost minifig?

God, I hope not.

I wonder what their faces will look like
underneath -- solid black heads like the ghost, or classic smileys?  :)

Probably black.

FBTB> Watto's Junkyard with Watto and Aldar Beedo
RSC> Watto's Junkyard w/Watto and Aldar Beedo

I hope Watto's wings are detachable and clip-on to other stuff and that he's
not a single-piece of feldercarb like Sebulba.

Me too!

Who is Aldar Beedo?

I dunno either.

eric