 Star Wars / 8740
Re: Star Wars Episode II trailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:12:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:
The subject says it so here is the link to view it.  Most of it is stock movie
footage but notice all the different actors like Jimmie Smits, Christopher
Walken, and the the guy from End of Days too.  I saw a woman with a purple
light saber and the big dual with the Mandalorians too plus some big explosion
but I don't know where to place it.  The lightsaber dual is supposed to take
place in the rain too.  Here it is.

http://mancow.com/ra/starwars2.avi

-Mike

This isn't a "hoax" as some people have suggested.  The person who created it
submitted it as a "fan-based trailer."  I believe it was originally submitted
to theforce.net (http://www.theforce.net)

Christopher Walken will not be in the film (which is kind of a shame, he'd
make a great sith lord.)  The big lightsaber dual is a scene from Braveheart
for crying out loud!  Besides, if you look at Mike's original post (quoted
above) it states that "most of it is stock movie footage."  I don't think he
assumed it was real either.

Don't expect to see a true Episode II trailer until the beginning of next year
(at the earliest... I don't think we'll see one until the end of next year.)

-Bryan