 Star Wars / 8723
Re: Star Wars Episode II trailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Nick Crocco writes:

It's very well done, but I believe it is a hoax. There are too many scenes
from Ep 1 when all the scenes should be from Ep 2. That scene with Boba Fett
seems like it came from one of the original trilogy for some reason... Also,
wouldn't it have a name, like Episode II: The "insert name here"? I dunno...
Still pretty cool though. Is it just me or does that one scene with everyone
with light sabers seem like it came outta Braveheart and someone did some
editing? :-)

Yes... now that I've had some more time to look at it carefully, I agree that
it is a hoax... Some interesting things to note:

Every close-up shot of someone holding a lightsaber show only the face and a
saber beam, but the hilt is off camera...

The shots of the main characters other than the stock footage ones are shot
with pretty generic costumes and sets, and could have come from any movie or TV
program. In fact, the first shot of the "Queen" looks to be a shot of the
Actress, not in costume at all.

The "Braveheart" scene seems to be just that :)  Take a carefull look at the
costumes...

The "Mandalorians" scene looks like someone composited several shots of Boba
Fett and an opening door. If you look very closely, the two in front are
perfect mirror images of each other... they even move in sych!

Clever though.

--Karim