 Star Wars / 8730
Re: Star Wars Episode II trailer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:56:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Sun Yun writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Michael Perri writes:
The subject says it so here is the link to view it.  Most of it is stock • movie
footage but notice all the different actors like Jimmie Smits, Christopher
Walken, and the the guy from End of Days too.  I saw a woman with a purple
light saber and the big dual with the Mandalorians too plus some big • explosion
but I don't know where to place it.  The lightsaber dual is supposed to take
place in the rain too.  Here it is.

http://mancow.com/ra/starwars2.avi

-Mike

For those of you that guessed that this was a hoax trailer you are most
certainly correct.  It's been out for a couple weeks now.  It's very well
composited and pays tribute to a couple movies.  The ones that I spotted after
watching it a few times are . . .

Previous Star Wars Movies - all over the place
Dune - Scenery in opening desert sequence and buildings exploding later
Braveheart - the scene with all the guys running with lightsabers
Last of the Mohicans - scene with young actress with lightsaber
Elizabeth - scene of figure that looks like Darth Maul
Prophecy II - Christopher Walken shot
Fifth Element - fiery explosion at the end

www.TheForce.net has a lot of info on this trailer and a scene by scene
breakdown of the trailer including where the footage came from:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/trailers/episodeii/index.shtml

that's all.

sun

I would like to make a formal apology to everyone.  I did not know that this
was a hoax and my only intention was to inform everyone of any relevant Star
Wars related information that I discover.  I should have known better and
researched my data first before I posted.  That is all my fault.  I'm sorry.

-Michael Perri