 Star Wars / 8802
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Chapple writes:

It sure would be sweet if it resembles (Dave's?) AT-ST shown at MIT’s
1999 MindFest event.  (I know David Eaton made the one AT-AT and
Shaun Sullivan made the other - I suspect the AT-ST is Dave's since
the style is similar to his AT-AT)  Incredible models and a great display.
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/mindfest/images/dscn1014.JPG
Since we all know TLC will never release a minifig scale AT-AT...

Actually the AT-ST is Shaun's, you can get instructions for it (dunno if
they're complete yet) over at FBTB.  It's an excellent rendition, but the set
would have to be at a higher price point than the one that was mentioned
before... it would have to be a $50-$60 set.  I suspect that the Lego AT-AT
will be smaller and will use technic and throwbot parts for the legs.  It
could still be cool, it they do it right.

Dave - How about an Bricksmith AT-AT kit?  How (gulp) much would
it be?  For that matter, how about the AT-ST if TLC won't do it "right"?

SRC

-Bryan