 Star Wars / 8702
Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:49:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
Well, I noticed that the 2001 lineup has been posted over at From Bricks to
Bothans, so I guess it's okay to discuss now... just in case though I'll speak
in generalities... <G>  I'll discuss in the order listed on FBTB:

2) Didn't we already get one of these?  I thought that's what the MTT was...

I don't know what this is exactly either.  The only thing that comes to mind is
a heavily juniorised version of the Droid Landing Craft.

3) I can't wait to see what Lego's rendition of this one looks like.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.  I expect to be disappointed with this
one based on its price point.

4) Finally!  This is what we've all been waiting for folks...  Lets hope it
comes with two of the "ones we've been waiting for."

It's my only hope :-(.

5) Another great one.  Let's hope Lego can pull this off well...

See #3 above.  Don't get your hopes up.

6) This is probably the one set I'm not really looking forward to.  Maybe it
will be cool, but I doubt it.

Could be nothing, Could be a greats parts pack.

8) All I have to say is "why?"  This may end up being cool, but it just
doesn't seem obvious to me how.

Sounds like TLG think these guys are Robots or something.  If so I will be
very, very, very disappointed.

In general I thought the '99 sets were a step back from the '98 sets and I
expect we will be furthur disappointed with the '00 sets.

I don't want to get in trouble posting the list "prematurely," so go look at
the list and find out for yourself.

Like many others I am sick and tierd of LEGO's attitude on this one and the
fact that they seem to be disrespecting the community in general by setting a
double standard (see the Gallary debacle recently).

So because I don't want to cause Todd trouble I won't list the sets but I will
talk about them "speaking in generalities".  If TLC can show it is serious
about communicating with us then fine.  If not then I think its all the better
for LUGNET and other small LEGO businesses (Brickbay, Brickshelf, etc.) because
while I still love the brick my love for the company is slipping.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/