 Star Wars / 7780
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:51:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak wrote:

I must agree that the Imperial Shuttle is highly recognizable, I would go as
far as to say it is an icon of ROTJ.  A light grey set in the $75-$100 range
would be super sweet...complete with folding wings (of course) and Han, Luke
and Leia in their Endor outfits.  The ship would be the one stolen by the
Rebels.  What do you think?

Nah, it's not an icon.  All they (the main characters) do is sit in the
cockpit and casually fly around.  Compare that with the Speeder Bikes, the
AT-ST's, which were right in the thick of the action.  These vehicles made
a connection to the audience.

I'd also say that a high-end set is an unlikely treatment for an Imperial
Shuttle.  Maybe we'll see a scaled-down version, in the $30-$40 range.

Steve