 Star Wars / 7728
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:44:12 GMT

From what I understand the Shadows of the Empire line from Kenner actually
sold fairly well... not as well as the rest of the SW line mind you, but still
pretty well.

An Imperial year would be nice... there are so many cool Imperial ships we
haven't gotten yet...  come to think of it, we've only gotten one "true"
Imperial ship...  Vader's TIE, and that came with a Y-Wing...  the speeder
bikes don't count as ships, Slave 1 is a "bad guy's ship" but it is NOT
Imperial, and the Sith Infiltrator was from before the Empire existed...

As far as Stormtroopers are concerned, they are a staple of the SW Universe,
Nemodians aren't...  Not making Stormtroopers is an injustice on the level of
not making a Vader or Chewie minifig...  We HAVE to have them.

-Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:
On the other hand, I don't think either of those leap to a kids mind as
"what kind of toy should I get".  Look instead for vehicles that played
an actual role in the films...

We can still hope for an Imperial Year (but I wouldn't place any money on
it).  TIE fighter, AT-ST, Probe Droid (with Hoth Han and Chewie,
maybe?), Imperial Shuttle...we can hope anyway.

J, wondering why everyone complains about no Stormtroopers, but nobody
complains about no Nemodians from Ep1? 8)