 Star Wars / 7764
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Jardine writes:
Definitely a good point.
That's why I doubt a $50 Imperial Shuttle will be produced.  It's not
recognizable enough to warrant such a high price tag.  This is a guess,
but I think it's recognition would be comparable to that of the A-wing
or B-wing, and the 'cool' factor is even lower - fighters are definitely
cooler.  I personally don't understand the interest that collectors seem
to have in the Shuttle.

The Shuttle is just a really cool ship!  I think that kids will want it just
because it looks cool.  And, IMO, The Shuttle is highly recognizable as a SW
ship.  I admit that I am a "collector" but I loved the shuttle even before I
became one.  The Shuttle "Tyderium" plays a HUGE role in ROTJ (bigger than A-
Wings and B-Wings IMO) and even though I would rather get the Emporer's
Shuttle with the Emporer and Royal Guards, I think we'll end up with Tyderium
with Chewie, Han, Luke, Leia, the droids, and maybe some rebel troops.

The most important elements of the Star Wars universe that are missing:
Death Star
Star Destroyer (one of the most important craft in all three original films)
AT-AT
AT-ST
TIE Fighter
Stormtropers
Yoda • [snip,snip]
Jeff J

Agreed... But I don't think we'll see a Death Star or Star Destroyer, at least
not as "sets."  I think we may see UCS or Technic versions, but I just don't
see Lego making either of these for use with minifigs... they are WAY too big,
and if they butchered them up and made microfig exteriors with minifig
interiors people here would complain about it more than they complained about
the Falcon.  It's possible they could make Star Destroyer and Death Star
playsets (bridge, throne room, etc,) but personally I'd rather see more ships
first.

-Bryan