 Star Wars / 7765
7764  |  7766
Subject:
UCS sets spotted in stores....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:43:51 GMT

Found UCS Tie and X-Wing in TRU Kingston, Massachusetts and Hyannis, MA.
Impressed with both sets...however.  X-wing contains gears which allow
repositioning of s-foils via turning a round 4X4X1 located on back of
ship...the hinges are weak and barely support the foils, as a result, they sag
a bit.  Somewhat disappointing, I would have preferred the more
mainstream "click" hinges used on all other adjustable wings.  UCS Tie is
pretty cool, simple as far as moving parts goes, but it has a great collection
of blue and black pieces.  Both sets are nicely "modular" for easy storage if
you're a freak like me and hate dust.  Stickers on X-Wing are Liberace gay.
Two large POOPS on Tie believe it or not make the set look great...I know that
will get some users going!  Still looking for the Falcon on the shelves...I'll
be modifying that one heavily!!