 Star Wars / 7739
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

An Imperial year would be nice... there are so many cool Imperial ships we
haven't gotten yet...  come to think of it, we've only gotten one "true"
Imperial ship...  Vader's TIE, and that came with a Y-Wing...  the speeder
bikes don't count as ships, Slave 1 is a "bad guy's ship" but it is NOT
Imperial, and the Sith Infiltrator was from before the Empire existed...

Actually, 2001 *will* be the Imperial year.  Sorry, I don't have a bookmark to
it, but I remember there was an interview with somebody from Lego.  He said
that it'd be the Imperial year, and when asked if we would get stormtroopers,
he said "Yes, in 2001".  Too bad I can't locate it, though...

I agree, we need more Imperials.  How are these kids supposed to be playing
with this stuff, anyway?:) Heres the rebel hanger: X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-
Wing, Snowspeeder.  And...heres the Imperial hanger...a TIE Advanced and two
speeder bikes:).  It would be *really* cool if, when they release the normal
TIE, they have two TIES in one set for $30.  Maybe two normal TIE
fighters...or more reasonably a TIE and a TIE Intercepter.  I also believe
the'll release all the mini-fig pack figs in normal sets...I'm hoping
Palpatine will be in a shuttle.  They have essentially run out of rebel craft
to produce, unless they want to get wierd and start making sets like the V-
Wing.  I'm very confident there will stormtroopers on the shelfs before the
year is over.

As far as Stormtroopers are concerned, they are a staple of the SW Universe,
Nemodians aren't...  Not making Stormtroopers is an injustice on the level of
not making a Vader or Chewie minifig...  We HAVE to have them.

-Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:
On the other hand, I don't think either of those leap to a kids mind as
"what kind of toy should I get".  Look instead for vehicles that played
an actual role in the films...

We can still hope for an Imperial Year (but I wouldn't place any money on
it).  TIE fighter, AT-ST, Probe Droid (with Hoth Han and Chewie,
maybe?), Imperial Shuttle...we can hope anyway.

J, wondering why everyone complains about no Stormtroopers, but nobody
complains about no Nemodians from Ep1? 8)