 Space / 7622
Re: A sobering day in the life of the Taranis (was Medium freighter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:54:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:

Thanks for the compliments. Coming from "Dan the man" it means a lot.
Especially with the things you've whipped up.

Thanks dude!

I'm not sure I like or dislike the hubs. I'm somewhat neutral on them - I'm
mostly using them because they're the best thing I have for engines at the
moment. Next time I'll try something else.

How about those beveled wall corners from castle sets? I think they're 3 X
3. You know, get four of them and it makes an octagonal cylinder which makes
a pretty neat looking nozzle when placed sideways (like the nozzles on my
red and grey Rebel Transport).

They're certainly heavy for one thing. Amazingly enough, they actually make
the thing rear-end heavy and making the nose gear little more than
stabilization and not much in the way of load bearing...! And the ship isn't
small, nor very hollow - lots of 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 and even 2x6 bricks between
the hull and the interior deckplates.. and it still balances to the rear..

Do you have one of those weighted bricks from the floating boats sets? That
could help balance better.

Dan