 Space / 7401
Re: Medium freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:09:43 GMT

In article <G9KpHI.BD8@lugnet.com>, Joel Jacobsen <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote:
After a bit of a delay I now have my medium freighter, the Taranis, completed.
I don't have a web page for it just yet, but I have the pictures on brickshelf.

I need to pay more attention: here's where I stopped reading.

Then I tore into the pictures on brickshelf, starting at the stuff that
looked the most interesting-- the hydroponics garden.

And I poked about a bit more, finding really cool stuff, seeing a pair of
figures in heavy spacesuits with lights and I thought that I knew what
the webpage on it was going to say when you made it. These two guys in the
spacesuits have run across this derelict ship, see. The normally contained
plants in the hydroponics bay had taken over that whole area of the ship.
The area starboard of engineering had fallen into disarray (not noting
that that was simply the medlab to port that had the hatch open...)

Then I came back and read about it, and went back and sure enough, there's
people on there, and a description, and it's not a derelict with a pair
of explorers, and...

I get an overactive imagination sometimes.

I particularly like the hydroponics area. I'd mentioned in my comments on
another Joel's creation that the plants in the staterooms lent a necessary
"frivolous" air to them, but the hydroponics area here more looks like
someone took over what little space he had and tried to make it look a
little more like home; the huge pile of green in the cramped space makes
it work.

The hoses running under the floor are gratuitous. Keep it up!

If someone had told me the color scheme of the ship was grey, red, and
trans-blue with black engines, I'd've said "ug." I was pleasantly surprised
in that respect. It looks quite excellent.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <