 Space / 7613
Re: A sobering day in the life of the Taranis (was Medium freighter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:10:05 GMT

Joel wrote:
Oh...man.....  somehow what happened doesn't seem so bad now.... o_o
I think I would be sick to death if that happened.

Dude, it was like that scene in "A Christmas Story" when Ralphy dropped the
lugnuts in the snow. I used every curse word I knew with many unique
combinations and even invented a few new curses. Sounded almost Klingon.

The worst that happened to me was that I launched a 2x2 red tile across the
basement..I have no clue where it went - it went of the starport's long
range sensors in about 2 seconds, leaving only the faint echoes behind as it
skipped off of space junk outside the spacelanes... fortunately, the drydock
has enough spare parts that it won't be missed and eventually a recovery
crew will be dispatched to scour the sector and recover it for restoration. :)

Heh heh!

I've got the gear installed, now (and they turned out pretty well I think!),
but I'm trying to do something with the engingeering area in the back part
of the ship.. I wanted to try and put some more of the engine's gear there
but with the other rooms and all, I just don't have the space.. and I'm not
sure I want to vastly revise the ship to change it considering the challenge
rebuilding the lower hull proved to be. blah. :)

Nah, that ship's pretty darn good already. You've packed in so much detail
that it makes me dizzy! Only thing I would change would be the engine
nozzles. I like those chrome wheel hubs but, to me, they don't gel with the
overall look. But, hey, that's just my opinion. What matters is that you dig
'em. Either way, I think you did a very good job!

Dan