 Space / 7410
Re: Medium freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 00:29:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:

<snipped>

:^O  (drool)

Beautiful!  I really like how the airlock, ramp and hydroponics turned out.
I also like how you incorporated the tubes under the flooring.  Very
reminicent of Tim Courtney's destroyer, and a very good feature.

Thanks, Trevor!

The airlock isn't pretty when you look at it from the 'inside' - so I don't
have any pictures without the plate on top of it. I think, thought, that
most of the details can be picked out from the 6 pics I do have. :)

Tim's destroyer was a good source of inspiration, though I will readily
admit that he thought out what the piping in his MOC did much more than I
did. I just kinda threw bits and goodies in there till it looked good to me.
:) Each area's doodad's have a locational relevant (Med lab, etc) but as for
what each bit does, I didn't bother going that far. Maybe when I get more
experience.

I do have a bit of concern that there is almost no "mass" between the
engines and the interior living space.  BUT it all good if we assume that
the ship's hull is adequate shielding.  Also, you certianly have larger and
better engines/reactor/feul tanks than what TLG did in their "space-junior"
rendition of the MF!  So that makes your ship all the more authentic!

Hehe.. yeah... it's called "lack of bricks" I still have all of my other
MOC's built and I have no gray left really, and the red was from 3 bulk tubs
- all of which were tapped out making this one. But, yeah..there's
sufficient shielding. Or so I've been told..... er....  *looks worried*  :)

Well done overall!  I will be examining your pics closely to see what ideas
I can gleen from your air lock detail!  :^)

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.
"This one goes to eleven!"

Thanks again. If there was something I'd change about my airlock, it would
be to extend the outside lock so that it stands out from the hull by 2 or 3
more studs to make docking more practical. :)

Joel