 Space / 7409
Re: Medium freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 00:16:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
After a bit of a delay I now have my medium freighter, the Taranis, completed.

Very nice! I am amazed at how many compartments and stuff you've managed to
fit inside. Lots of tasty details. I really like the hydroponics garden and
the way the big windows attach in the front and all of the exterior details
and the color scheme and the big engines and...

Great work!

- Paul

It took a lot of effort to get the layout to be something that I liked, but
also felt as though it would be functional.

The big engines actually were the inspiration for the name. Taranis was the
Celtic/Gaulish god of thunder and sky. Thinking back to the special edition
of SW Ep4 and the improved sound of the 'Falcon blowing out of Mos Eisley,
it struck me that these engines would probably be pretty darned loud for as
big as they are. :)

Thanks for the kind words,

Joel