 Space / 7422
Re: Medium freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 05:49:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article G9LM46.1tu@lugnet.com, Joel Jacobsen wrote:

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Yeah, those new click hinge parts are splendid for this purpose.

You and your clicking and your hinges. Oi! :)

Seriously, I thought about it. However, this thing weighs several pounds.
It's pretty beefy. I don't believe that they would work unless they were
used at full 90o angles when deployed. I may get bold and tear the bottom of
the hull apart and try to figure something out, but I dunno.. the pads I'm
using now work well enough. Next time I'll know better. That and I need some
AT-ST's to get the cooler looking click hinges.

This is my other favorite method of making landing gear. It can be flimsy
while it's being deployed, but once it's lowered, it will support a lot of
weight.

Yep. I've been looking at the 'brick' click hinges and that's probably what
I'd use since that's what I have ATM, but it still requires a redesign of
the hull...mutter mutter.. :)

BTW - Glad to see you're apparently through the 'Quake ok. I was wondering
'bout ya'll. My family still lives out there, though up in
Everett/Marysville/Snohomish area so I don't believe they had anything more
than some shaking and rattling. The phone system hasn't been cooperative so
I haven't been able to get through to make sure, but since all the damage
seems to be from the 'Needle south to Olympia I figure they're fine.

I live in Everett, myself. Should you ever come back to visit your family,
please drop me a line and we can hang out. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Spiffy! I haven't been able to get out there since '97, so I'm "over due".
Not sure it'll be this year but soon, to be sure.  It would be fun to meet
the great Muffin Head. :)

JJ