 Space / 7607
Re: A sobering day in the life of the Taranis (was Medium freighter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 04:46:58 GMT

"This is Docking Port 5, watch your trajectory, Taranis! You're coming in
too fast! Taranis, reply dammit! Brace for impact...aaaahhhhhh!..."

(TRANSMISSION LOST)

Yep, been there. buddy. I remember this huge...HUGE pirate island I built.
It looked like a big skull and could fit the Black Seas Barracuda through
the mouth. Cannons in the eyes, surrounding wall around the island. Anyway,
so I dismantle the sections and take it to work (I worked at an afterschool
recreation program) for the kids to play with. They had blast, I was da man.

So, it's time to go home. It's October in Michigan, getting dark early, lots
of dead leafs on the ground and little drizzley. So I set the big skull
tower on the hood of the car and open the doors. A big gust of wind sends
the tower into crashing on the street, bricks flying everywhere and
disappearing in the leafs. The rain starts coming down and I'm using the
headlights to find the bricks in the leafs. Lots of pieces were all scraped
up from the asphalt. Man, what a mess! Never put it back together.

Dan