 Space / 752
Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 02:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Patrick Leahy writes:
In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Bob Jackson wrote:

Sorry if the contest rules were unclear.  Some people think that the • 3-month
deadline is too long, so I will make it 2 mos., ending on March 1st.

To be honest, I think 1 January is too early to start voting.  Maybe start
accepting submissions on that date, and cut them off at the end of March, • with
two week voting period after?

And no,
I don't think my hotmail account will be able to store all of those images.
Looks like I will not be able to receive the images.  Whoever it was that • said
they could find some space, please see if you can.

Will do.

LFB

Here's an idea:  Certain site groups should be assigned to certain entries; • for
example, battleships on these sites, superweapon ships on these
sites, starcarriers on these sites, etc.  That would solve the problem of a
lack of free space, by placing the pictures, etc. on multiple sites, rather
than having just one store all of the contest entries.  BTW, all of these • sites
involved should have links to each other;  a temporary webring, perhaps?

Or, rather than a temporary webring, why not keep it up?  It could be named,
'The Space MOC Webring' or something, and we could have monthly Space MOC
contests. And, if it has nothing but Space-themed models, as the name implies,
that would be the end of looking for hours and hours just to find a good Space
Lego site.  For the first time I can think of, a Space-only webring.  That
would rule!