 Space / 13889
Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:55:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:
I was thinking that it would be fun to have an MOC contest judged in a few
areas:  Biggest MOC, Most Well-Designed MOC, and Most Technology-Utilizing MOC
(i.e. with motors, lights, possibly some dacta, technic, and mindstorms
elements).  Everyone could post a link to pictures of their MOC and state the
size (length, width, and heighth), as well as other statistics.  We would then
judge the ships.  What does everyone think of this?

   Well, my NEF ship, HMS Experiment, is still slowly creeping along.
   I have one teaser of the ship's nose and "neck", which are in fact
   three separate pieces that come apart to view the interior and take
   photos (no good lighting right now, alas):

   http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lfbraun/experiment1.jpg

   I expect the finished ship will be sprightly--mostly framework,
   and perhaps 110 studs long.  I'm waiting on my last ten 7315 solar
   panels to build the large collector arrays that accompany this
   survey ship.  If you look closely, you can see a few of the modules
   in the background and maybe one of the eight tan deuterium globes
   already built for the ship...

   best

   LFB