 Space / 739
Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:25:36 GMT

Patrick Justison wrote:

I'm game.  I have three large minifig scale ideas floating in my head right
now.  Whatever you do, give the people plenty of time to create their
entries, it will result in a much better field.  It has been a while since I
created a space MOC and up until now my piece count has kept me restrained to
smaller 1 or 2 man ships.  But now I should have enough.  Here are my three
ideas.

Well, once Patrick is game for it, IMHO it's officially sanctioned!  ;)  Would you
be interested in hosting such a thing, even if there are no prizes?  Or should we
keep it within the confines of lugnet.space postings and individual sites?  I'm
just thinking about the former considering the magnificent job you did with the SW
Design Contest.

I'm definitely interested, but I won't be doing much large-scale building until
after the holidays.  However, I just found a bunch of 6979s pretty cheap (see
b-s-t, I'm selling some of them to help finance mine) so I can light interiors and
use the undecorated UFO panels at last!

A capital ship in gray and dark grew with red highlights.  I have decided on a
the general shape of the craft, and it would contain a docking bay as well as
storage and passenger areas.

I always forget about the width of the wall bricks, and the need to reinforce,
reinforce, reinforce!  Sag is my greatest foe--ships must be liftable by one
person, even if un"whoosh"able.

A Blacktron Landing ship.  I have the shape already drawn out.  I also have
exciting ideas of for the design of two fighters and one tank that will be
stored within.  I'll need to obtain 1 more msg intercept base and some more
black parts before I can start this one.

Now that I'd love to see.  Were you thinking of using the large dome sections as
hull?

Explorion sciece vessel.  This is a result of trying to use those large white
cockpit pieces that come with the lare explorion ship.  This project is in the
very early stages.  I'm still leraning how to use those pieces.

Hey, I've been putzing around with those for years now, and I still can't find much
use for them other than tank glacis plates.  When you find a good use for them, let
me know!  (Blatant plug for someone to spawn a new thread..."Using Useless Space
POOPS"?)

best,

Lindsay