 Space / 744
Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 05:45:15 GMT

yEs, I am going to use 4 of the big black pieces in the msg intercept base for
the hull.  12 bricks long and nice an tall.

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Patrick Justison wrote:

I'm game.  I have three large minifig scale ideas floating in my head right
now.  Whatever you do, give the people plenty of time to create their
entries, it will result in a much better field.  It has been a while since I
created a space MOC and up until now my piece count has kept me restrained • to
smaller 1 or 2 man ships.  But now I should have enough.  Here are my three
ideas.

Well, once Patrick is game for it, IMHO it's officially sanctioned!  ;)  Would • you
be interested in hosting such a thing, even if there are no prizes?  Or should • we
keep it within the confines of lugnet.space postings and individual sites? • I'm
just thinking about the former considering the magnificent job you did with • the SW
Design Contest.

I'm definitely interested, but I won't be doing much large-scale building • until
after the holidays.  However, I just found a bunch of 6979s pretty cheap (see
b-s-t, I'm selling some of them to help finance mine) so I can light interiors • and
use the undecorated UFO panels at last!

A capital ship in gray and dark grew with red highlights.  I have decided on • a
the general shape of the craft, and it would contain a docking bay as well • as
storage and passenger areas.

I always forget about the width of the wall bricks, and the need to reinforce,
reinforce, reinforce!  Sag is my greatest foe--ships must be liftable by one
person, even if un"whoosh"able.

A Blacktron Landing ship.  I have the shape already drawn out.  I also have
exciting ideas of for the design of two fighters and one tank that will be
stored within.  I'll need to obtain 1 more msg intercept base and some more
black parts before I can start this one.

Now that I'd love to see.  Were you thinking of using the large dome sections • as
hull?

Explorion sciece vessel.  This is a result of trying to use those large • white
cockpit pieces that come with the lare explorion ship.  This project is in • the
very early stages.  I'm still leraning how to use those pieces.

Hey, I've been putzing around with those for years now, and I still can't find • much
use for them other than tank glacis plates.  When you find a good use for • them, let
me know!  (Blatant plug for someone to spawn a new thread..."Using Useless • Space
POOPS"?)

best,

Lindsay