 Space / 33654
Re: NEW Moc: Container Shuttle Craft CSC - Gray Crewrobot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 07:15:21 GMT

The gray robot on the crew looks mighty familiar. Its name is Keko, and it originally appeared in the LEGO comic Jim Spaceborn og den ukende galakse (Jim Spaceborn and the Unknown Galaxy for those who don’t speak Danish). It was publishied by LEGO publishing in Denmark in the “glory days” of Classic Space, more precisely in 1986, I believe. The comic was the first in a series, but I don’t know how many were made. I bought the first issue on vacation in Denmark, and it quickly became my favorite comic. I still have it in readable condition. I could, perhaps, scan it and put it on the Internet, but truth be told I’m somewhat afraid of copyright infringement. But I can scan the cover and post it when I get home.

On an aside note, Daniel is not the first to use this robot (aside from LEGO Publishing). I must admit to “stealing” the character for my own LEGO comic, Galactic Requiem. If you take a look at my sig, you can probably recognize the character that is waving. (The monstrosity on its left is the Blademistress, leader of the alien Krawn (rhymes with prawn)).

Christian Holden