 Space / 33617
Re: NEW Moc: Container Shuttle Craft CSC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 22:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Hamann wrote:

Thank you, Tim. Taking those pictures was great fun. I am happy with the
results but I know the pictures still could be way better. Perhaps I will try
to cut out the ship one of those pictures to place in front of another
background. We'll see.

I don't know if I have any right to criticize the photography of such a great
MOC, but here goes.

Judging by the picture you have of your setup, you just point a bunch of lights
right at the MOC.  While this makes for a dramatic picture, it also makes the
subject and shadows very harsh. If you wanted to remove the background, try
this: it'll make things a lot easier.

Take your lights and point them at your ceiling.  This is called 'bouncing' the
light.  The light reflects off the ceiling in a very soft, diffused way.  While
the contrasty, dramatic effect of direct light is very moody, its hard to remove
the background and make the model look believable, with the harsh shadows.
Here's an example of a model photographed using this technique.

http://creations.jhkruer.com/models/pete/pete3.JPG

I can't tell you all how happy I am to see my ship as MOC Highlight in here.
Isn't it great to have lugnet to share our creations?!

Dude, stop being so humble.  This is GENIUS.  Brag all you want, I won't mind!
:)

-JHK