 Space / 24010
Re: B.I. Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   Very true, although since seeing Adrian’s wild use of magnets to get the angles in his Nebucanezzar and TLC’s use in the ISD, I’ve made a commitment to myself to try and use those little suckers more ;)

From what I understand, the magnets were the only simple solution (I feel that it would have been possible to mount the ISD hull plates with the right string of Technic pieces, but it might have been a bit sloppy), but the NR cockpit has a simple rectangular shape with a simple vertical movement. No tricky angles here.

   I think the mags may also give it a little more ‘play value’, so to speak.

That would be the one strong argument for choosing magnets over any other solution, since you know that Magnet A will stay inside the fuselage and Magnet B will stay on the cockpit carriage, which is not necessarily what would happen with Technic pins. Also, you know that the magnets will probably hold with a significantly greater amount of strength than one stud per corner, so the cockpit isn’t likely to drop down while you’re swooshing it around your living room at Brich 3.

Also, two other possible uses for them would be the silly drop-down missile rack (like exposing that system when flying at full speed wouldn’t completely destroy the plane) and the piggy-back drone.