 Space / 23895
Re: B.I. Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 19:49:55 GMT

Thanks for the kind words, Phil.

Funny you mention TF...that was my focus as a kid as well.  Mom's toy budget
only allowed for one obsession, and I threw my lot in with Optimus and the
bunch.  However, I always loved the Joe stuff and gravitated to friend's
collections...the greener grass I suppose. I was however a feverous follower
of the cartoon to fill the fix.  It wasn't until chatting with Jamie and
discussing his childhood choice to follow the Joe line that this came to be.
Building the models gives me a chance to 'have' the toys I wanted back
then...it's a blast!

The HISS is definately rolling on the horizon...stay tuned!

Also, don't be surprised if you see some elements of the Snakehead showing
up on those pages :)

Good suggestion with the page frame for the expanded pics.  Might have to
hold off for a bit due to space limitations, but definately on the future
implemention list.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Philip Painter writes:
That's so great! I was more into Transformers than G.I. Joe, but I did have
plenty of Joe's and Vehicles.

I've thought about making COBRA's H.I.S.S. tank in LEGO. But I'm all talk.
Another vehicle I'd like to see is the COBRA Hydrofoil Morey.

I love the black and white "wireframe" pics of the models on the "Vehicles"
page. The only suggestion I might have is to put the enlargement of the
thumbnails on a page consistent with the rest of the site's design. It's
sort of jarring and feels untidy when they're on a blank/default background.