 Space / 24014
Re: B.I. Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 19:31:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Yo Joe!

This is a great site.  Site design, figs, and vehicles are all outstanding.
This should definitely be on a CLSOTW ballot in the near future.

Thanks Bruce!  We'd be honoured if anyone nominated it fro CLSOTW!

My favorites
were the Rattler and the FANG, but everything here is good.

A Cobra at heart, eh?  Don't worry...the bad guys will be getting more rides
soon ;)

A few suggestions:
--It would be nice if there were reference photos for the MOCs either from the
cartoon or from the toys.  Even just a link to the appropriate section of that
yojoe.com site would be good.

I've sent a note off to the yojoe webmaster about this actually.  I normally
don't like to link out to image files at a portal site without permission...the
webmaster there has usually obtained permission from the original owner of the
toy.  If it's all good, that might appear in the future

--Downloads.  It would be cool if you could download the torso decals.  I'd love
to make a little Cobra Commander of my own.  :)  Plus, this might encourage
others to get in the game.

I was thinking about this, but was wondering about any copyright problems.
Making your own is one thing, distributing them (even freely) might be another.
If anyone has insight on the legalities of this, I'd love to hear it.

--Stories.  I'd love to see some of these figs and vehicles in action, either in
an illustrated comic-type story, or in static dioramas.  I always think this
brings more life to the MOCs.

Oh man...I'd love to do it too! All boils down to time available my
friend...seemingly took forever to get this far.  Doesn't rule it out for the
future however..

Keep up the good work.  This is a site I'll check again and again.

Thanks again for the great comments and suggestions Bruce...hopefully we can
bring new stuff to the site on a regular basis to keep you coming back.

Cheers,
-G