 Space / 23905
Re: B.I. Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 22:56:39 GMT

Hey, wasn't G.I. Joe that guy one steroids who appeared on increasingly
desperate comemrcials when I was 5?  :)

This is great, Jamie & Gil.  The cards are great, the artwork is great, and
the models are great.  Who did the artwork?

Good job.  Can't wait for the bases.

-JHK

I love the job you did on the models.  The use of SNOT is great.  I
especially like the great streamlined look of the first
In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings!

Several months ago, Jamie Neufeld and I were chatting about the toys of our
youth and how they were some of our earliest inspirations for our Lego
builds of today.

In these conversations, we talked often about G.I. Joe and how the detailed
vehicles of that line were so captivating.  We searched out a few sites and
found that some G.I. Joe in Brick sites were around...all of them
interesting, some of them truly exceptional.

However, as .spacers with an eye for vehicles, we thought we could bring our
own building styles to recreate some of these gems of our youths.  As a
result, the product of our collaborative efforts...B.I. (Bricks Infantry)
Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~bijoe/bijoe_home.htm

A big thanks go out to Jeff Byrd for his incredible small arms foundry, the
Little Armoury hosted at FBTB.net, and to Greg Hyland (www.lethargiclad.com)
for inspiration and reference concerning the artwork.   Check out the
Mission page for more background.

As Jamie and are a primarily .spaceheads, I've posted here.  Apologies if
the initial offerings aren't exactly space oriented, but as the Hasbro line
went increasingly sci-fi, so will our line.

Please let us know what you think!

Cheers,
-Gil & Jamie