 Space / 23894
Re: B.I. Joe: A Real Imagination Hero!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 19:42:34 GMT

Thankye sir!

The filecards were a blast to do, but were the most intensive part of it I
found....I think I spent double the time on the artwork that I did in my
model contributions!

The figs took some work and a lot of trial and error (a small pile of
mutilated helmets and bandanas can attest to that...sorry purists).

Of course, we started this site as a showcase for the vehicles....our
favorite and most cherished remembered parts of the Joe lore.

The carrier? Oi.  Looking at the ISD, I find myself wondering if there is
enough to just do the command deck of the Flagg.  Maybe if I quit my job and
really ticked my wife off, I could find the time to cobble it together ;)

As said upthread...we'd love to see some others Joe creations!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:

This is great!  I love the stylized minifig drawings on the file cards, and the
models look quite faithful to the originals.  The custom minifigs look fabulous
too.  This idea has the potential to keep going for a very long time.  I look
forward to seeing what you do (and I can't help but think of a couple of
vehicles from my youth that I'd love to see, or maybe even build myself.)

So, is the Aircraft Carrier next?  :)

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com