 Space / 23278
Re: USS Okazaki NCC-1960 WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:
Oops.  Didn't see that response.  My apologies. ;-) As you are working on
massive projects, I'm still working on smaller fighter-sized models by the
fricken gross. lol

No worries, I e-mailed you a copy of the more detailed response (hope I got
your e-mail right).  I'm also working on small projects to go with Okazaki:
shuttles, workbees, runabout ... the "essentialls" :)

I think you in paticular, being a fan of Starcraft, will like the A-17
Wriath fighter I'm building.  I've already made marines, medics, and
firebats so I've figured that they would probably need some air cover lest
they get owned by a pesky guardian.  I'm also building a tone of craft from
the Wipeout series of games, but that will take a bit longer since due to
their wierd geometry, I have to modify some parts in order to get the shape
right.  The end result, hoever will kick some a**.  Especially if you enjoy
wipeout as much as I do.  :-)

I really enjoyed that little yellow thing you did!  Is Wipeout an N64 game?
I think I have a copy of that somewhere ...

Wipeout was originally a playstation game.  There was Wipeout, Wipeout 2097,
Wipeout 3, and the most recent game, Wipeout Fusion which was released in
2001.  Wipeout 2097 was eventually released for the Nintendo 64 under the
title of Wipeout 64.  I'm basing my current line of wipeout models on those
on Wipeout 64.  I'm hoping to do all five, and once I finish, I'm thinking
of building the craft from wipeout 3.  However, in all likelyhood, I will be
distracted by other modeling projects.  For example, I really would like to
build either a valkyrie or a siege tank to compliment my Wriath.  ;-)