 Space / 23191
Re: USS Okazaki NCC-1960 WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:51:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:
I'm kicking this thread back up in case those who might be interested missed
it the first time.  All comments on the possibilities, hardships, etcetra,
are welcome.

Welcome to the insane world of large scale starships. I am also in the early
stages of my project. The ship I am building is going to be roughly 7 feet
long by 2 1/2 feet wide. I have not decided on how high it will be.
I have spent the past year purchasing parts. I now have about 130,000 pieces
to start with. I will be using a design from "DCMStarships.com". Most of the
designs on this website seem to be very lego friendly. I hope Mr. Mueller
won't mind. I have been planning on a project like this for 30 years. I am
40, and just came out of my dark ages a year ago.
Technic friction pins will be used in abundance as this is going to be a
modular ship. After all, I will have to show it off at some of our scifi
shows my club does, and I have to be able to transport it. I imagine it will
take the better of a year or more to complete my project. And before anyone
asks, I do not have any deck plans. Only basic designs from the website. I
am going totally by imagination. More fun that way. I also do expect to be
constantly revising things as I go. I fully expect to be rebuilding sections
until I like what I see.
Anyway, have fun building. Thats what this hobby is all about after all. And
check out DCMStarships.com for an idea of what I am planning.

Steven Weiser