 Space / 22632
Re: USS Okazaki NCC-1960 WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 03:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:
Hi guys & gals! I want to say first, "long time reader, first time poster."
Hi!

(snip)

But I was, and am, inspired! A Lego "Star Trek" starship, in mini-fig
scale. My goal is to build as accurate a representation of a TOS Movie Era
starship (of an original design) as I can. So I started brainstorming --
okay, what do I need? Well, the obvious ones came to mind: I need a Main
Bridge, Main Engineering, Transporter Rooms, Sickbay ... I need crew &
officer's quarters, I need science labs, I need a turbolift system! The not
so obvious: I need a computer core, life-sciences monitoring, water tanks,
shuttlebay, cargobay, cargo transporter, morgue, brig ...

what, no bathrooms?:)

(snip)

Well, here is a brief written layout of the ship, as seen in the final
rough-draft.

Deck One:

Torpedo Launcher. Includes one turbolift tube, torpedo storage, weapons
control, and torpedo launcher.

Deck Two:

The Main Bridge is located at the front of the deck (mid-saucer). A
compartment behind the main bridge is the weapons systems control. A
corridor leading out of the bridge leads to a turbolift tube, and behind
that, an airlock which allows access to the deck for hull repairs & maintenance.

not unlike Enterprise-A's bridge. Is the bridge going to be a full size
bridge like E's or smaller, like Reliant's?

(snip)
The ship's complement is 64 enlisted, and 17 commissioned officers.

Please let me know any ideas or questions you have, and I will do my best to
respond to them. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a scanner or I
would upload the deck layouts to my brickshelf account.

I'm very curious to see what you have come up with. Making a minifig scale
ship is a major undertaking (and one I thought of for a short time)and will
be a large commitment of time and um...money!!

But it is possible to build. What are you going to use for reference? And do
you plan to make the ship able to open in sections? And do you plan to make
the saucer able to separate?

I wish I could see your floor plans...this sounds like a great project to
work on!

Joe Meno

Thank you for your time, and I look forward not only to keeping you all
up-to-date on my progress, but also to becoming a part of the community here.

--Jeff Benson
jbenso1@towson.edu